One of the advantages of training in a world-class health system is that you and your loved ones have personal access to expert care when you need it.
Health & Wellness Information
Benefits & Insurance
As a member of our community, you and your dependents may be eligible for health care coverage.
Find your eligibility by group:
- Learn about GradCare for med students.
- Learn about house officer benefits.
- Learn about the PIBS stipend and benefits.
- Find info on postdoctoral fellows benefits.
Looking for dental care?
- Learn about dental services offered by the School of Dentistry, ranging in price and options.
Mental health is a top priority at the University of Michigan. There are many resources on campus to support you and your loved ones.
- Get counseling and support services for students and other learners, including tailored services for transgender and nonbinary students, through U-M’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- Access confidential mental health services for med students.
- Make an appointment with the OGPS Mental Health and Wellness Counselor.
- Find mental health services available to house officers.
More on Mental Health
Campus Support & National Hotlines
U-M CAPS After-Hours Urgent Support: 734-764-8312 (Press 0)
U-M Sexual Assault 24-Hour Crisis Line: 734-936-3333
24-Hour Non-Emergency Campus Safety & Security: 734-763-1131
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The TrevorLifeline (LGBTQ+ crisis intervention): 1-866-488-7386
- Learn about academic and personal counseling for med students.
- See how med students can sign up for peer support services, and raise awareness through Physicians Connected.
- Find mental health and wellness resources for biomedical students and postdocs.
- Learn about services for Michigan Medicine faculty and staff in the Office of Counseling and Workplace Resilience.
- Explore the Toolkit developed by experts at the Michigan Medicine Depression Center.
- Find services available to veterans on campus, including M-SPAN.
- Check your symptoms with the U-M Online Mental Health Screening Tool.
- Get support and education resources at the Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center (SAPAC).
- Search for private mental health care providers in the Ann Arbor area.