The U-M Internal Medicine Residency Program is dedicated to the development of compassionate, caring, fulfilled, and highly-trained internists that have the potential to become leaders in whichever domain they choose to practice.
The program emphasizes excellence in patient care, education, and discovery while maintaining a collaborative and collegial environment conducive to physician wellness and development.
Our residents are what make our program shine, and play a critical role in program development through active participation in committees and direct feedback.
Highlights of our program include:
- Diverse career development opportunities with 13 successful subspecialty divisions and 14 ACGME accredited fellowship training programs
- Individualized training pathways including the physician-scientist track, the primary care track, and a global health/health disparities certificate program
- 98.5% average ABIM certification exam pass rate over the last five years
- 65% of our graduates go on to subspecialty training in programs across the country, and 35% percent go on to careers as generalists in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Ranked #6 by U.S. News & World Report