Welcome to the University of Michigan Residency Training Program.
The U-M Department of Neurosurgery is built on a strong foundation of excellence – a tradition that we are proud to uphold today.
It is our goal to pass this legacy of excellence along to future generations of neurosurgeons by instilling it in each and every resident who trains with us.
We continually work to ensure that our neurosurgical residency training program offers the best environment for developing the careers of future leaders of neurosurgical practice and science, which includes:
- World class training by world renowned clinical faculty notable for its breadth and depth
- Excellent benefits package, including representation by a hospital-wide House Officer’s Association
- Two-year period of academic development/research during the 4th and 5th years of training, largely free from call or any clinical responsibilities
- Engaging educational activities and ample research opportunities at one of the top funded research campuses in the country
- Emphasis on resident wellness, along with diversity, equity and inclusion both within the department and the larger institution